Scotland’s Improvement Districts is the lead organisation for supporting and encouraging the development and success of the nation's improvement district work.
Part of Scotland’s Towns Partnership and supported by the Scottish Government, it works with partner organisations to foster the growth of improvement districts. It is also a hub for expertise and advice which can help communities to achieve their ambitions, working democratically and collaboratively.
Since its launch as part of a new generation of improvement districts in autumn 2018, Scotland’s Improvement Districts leads on:
- Implementing a national Improvement Districts strategy which sets the strategic direction for Improvement Districts across Scotland;
- Championing the success of Improvement Districts and communicating their impact with Government and other national public and private sector stakeholders;
- Building new and innovative partnerships at a national level;
- Providing high quality support, training and funding opportunities for Improvement Districts; and,
- Offering advice and support on the legislative framework to new and existing Improvement Districts.
- Working as part of Scotland’s Towns Partnership for opportunities to engage with politicians and policymakers.