Volunteers across Scotland have been celebrated in the 2023 ScotRail in the Community Awards, held on 26 October at the Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow. The awards recognised the vital role volunteers play and their contributions to their communities.
More than 1,000 people across the country volunteer on Scotland’s Railway, in a variety of different activities and projects, and over 200 ScotRail stations are part of the ‘Adopt a Station’ programme, with projects ranging from garden displays to charity shops, art galleries and model railway clubs.
The winners were:
- Adopted Station of the Year: Dumfries station.
- Community Rail Partnership Member of the Year: Suzie McCheyne.
- Adopter(s) of the Year: The Rotary Club of Whitburn (Fauldhouse station).
- Community Project of the Year: Prestonpans Mural.
- Outstanding Contribution to Community Rail: Jane Connolly.
Find out more here.