Morayshire Council launched their Gift Card programme to direct spending to local communities and power economic recovery.
- Over £137,000 of Moray Gift Cards have been sold to date. Cards can only be spent with registered businesses in Moray, locking spend into the local area and benefiting local businesses.
- The Moray Gift Card topped 270 businesses in 2023, supporting all types and sizes of local businesses from shopping, accommodation, leisure & attractions, and service providers.
The Moray Council Gift Card Programme is being used in several ways:
1. Supporting families with dignity:
- Moray School Bank switched to the Moray Gift Card from single-retailer supermarket vouchers in 2023, supporting families in need and offering them a greater range of choices.
2. Driving local economic growth (corporate sales):
- During Christmas 2022, Walkers Shortbread placed a £57,000 order for the Moray Gift Card, using the card for staff rewards.
- Moray Council using the Moray Gift Card for long service awards for staff.
3. Inclusive Local initiatives:
In 2023, a partnership with Moray School Bank enabled leftover Moray Gift Card balances to be donated to the charity to give Moray families in need access to school uniforms and supplies for school. This innovative initiative powered inclusivity on a local level, engaging the community in a simple project.
Find out more: lovelocal.scot