We are delighted to announce the 2023 shortlist for the Scotland Loves Local Awards.
People, businesses and community organisations are in the running for the accolades after being nominated by those who have seen and felt the positive impact of their efforts.
The awards are organised by Scotland’s Towns Partnership (STP) as an extension of Scotland Loves Local, the drive for people to build stronger communities by choosing local and getting behind people and organisations in their area.
The achievements of all of those shortlisted will be celebrated at a ceremony to be held at The V&A Dundee on Tuesday November 28th, hosted by popular STV presenter Sean Batty.
STP Interim Chief Officer Kimberley Guthrie said: “Our team never fails to be amazed by the dedication, determination and innovation which make our communities great – and are making them stronger for the future. Our shortlisted entries fly the flag for creativity, entrepreneurship, sustainability and so much more.
“I can’t wait to hear more about the difference they make. My thanks to our sponsors for making these awards possible.”
Climate and Net Zero
- Gauchalland East Community Gardens, Galston
- Dalrymple, Skeldon and Hollybush Project
- Ibrox Commons, Glasgow
- Art Night, Dundee
- Energise Galashiels Trust
- Scene Stirling
- “Like a Local” campaign, Forth Valley Food and Drink
- Lokali.shop, Inverurie
- Moray Media CIC, Forres
- Include Me 2 Club, Barrhead
- GALE Centre, Gairloch
- The Furniture Project, Stranraer
- Diane Brown, Alloa First
- Ross Grant, Aberdeen Inspired
- Dr Michael Gray, Energise Galashiels
Streets and Spaces
- Craigie Street Pocket Park, Dundee
- Gateway to Strathclyde Country Park, Bellshill
- Inchyra Park, Grangemouth
Town Centre Living
- Almondvale Court, Livingston (West Lothian Council / Wheatley Group)
- Merchant House, Inverness (Highland Housing Association)
- Simon Square, Edinburgh (Fraser / Livingstone Architects)
Scotland’s High Street Hero will also be announced on the awards evening.
The Scotland Loves Local Awards are supported by Business Stream, Commsworld, Creative Scotland, Green Action Trust, Message Matters, Miconex and Sustrans Scotland.
The 2023 Scotland Loves Local Winners will be announced at a celebration being held at the V&A Museum, Dundee on the 28th November.
Need some inspiration? Take a look back at our 2022 Scotland Loves Local Awards winners here.